*** We will be CLOSED on the following dates ***
MLK Day, Monday January 18, 2021
Good Friday, Friday April 2, 2021
Memorial Day, Friday May 28 & Monday, May 31, 2021
Independence Day, Noon Friday & Monday, 2 & 5 July, 2021
Labor Day, Monday, September 6, 2021
Veterans' Day, Thursday, November 11, 2021
Thanksgiving, Noon-Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, November 24, 25 & 26, 2021
Christmas through New Years, noon on Thursday December 23rd, 2021 thru Sunday January 2nd 2022
Helping You Obtain Your Truck's
*** Pay your invoice on our website. Scroll down this page to PAY INVOICE HERE ***
Please look over our web site as we have added all of the information and forms needed to assist you in obtaining your apportioned plates. Pay close attention to the information on the application, insurance, 2290, and lease requirements. These four (4) items cause the most delays.
Important Items on Your Application
- - If you have an IRP Account, your Account number and Fleet number can be found on the Registration Cab Card.
- - For Original Applications, only the Owner of the IRP account can sign the application. A Power of Attorney cannot sign an orginal application.
- - If not already on file, we must have the Original Power of Attorney and Record Keeping Agreement (not copies) before we can begin processing. That means you must personally bring them in or send them via mail.
- - If you have an out-of-state title, you must get a VIN verification. We have the form here on our website. If there is a signature on the title you must get the title work done before registration (the title work also applies to Florida titles).
- - If you want the Carrier's Name and DOT Number on the Registration Cab Card you MUST check the NO box under "Will the Designated Carrier Responsible for Safety Change During the Year?" Checking the YES box will leave it blank.
- - Mileage is required only for Renewals (and entered as total fleet miles by state), for the time period July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. The time period will not change until Oct 1st.
- - The Form 2290 (Highway Use Tax) is required for all commercial vehicles over 54,999 lbs. The government gives you a 60-day grace period (from date of purchase) before it's required for registration purposes. Form 2290's are renewed every July 1st. ONLY the owner of the vehicle or the Name of the IRP Account can be on the 2290.
- - You must have a minimum of $10,000 PIP insurance on any Certificate of Insurance you include with your application. Also, the Certificate Holder must be: FLHSMV, 2900 Apalachee Parkway, FL 32399.
- - We are required to send in your paperwork to the State of Florida. YOU MUST BRING IN COPIES CAN SEND TO THE STATE!!!
Towards the bottom of this page we have inserted ten (10) green tabs. They include the application, application instructions, a sample lease, and any of the Forms you might need for your application. Click on the appropriate tab to open it up. You can download and print what you need. Look over the tab labeled "Required Documents for Each Application." It as been updated and will walk you step-by-step through any type of application you need. There also is an example of a Form 2290 (Highway Use Tax) and a Certificate of Insurance at the end of that same tab. Please ensure your documents have the required information on them.
Currently, we do not handle any FMCSA, IFTA or Form 2290 work. The FMCSA office in Tallahassee can be reached at (850) 942-9338. The IFTA office in Tallahassee can be reached at (850) 617-3711 (ask for the IFTA office). The Form 2290 can be processed on-line at numerous sites. Most of them can get your form back to you in less than 24 hours. Pick one.
We accept walk-ins at the Avon Park location (beginning Jan 4, 2021) Mon - Fri from 8 AM - until we shut it down depending on the number of people in the lobby. We accept walk-ins at the Boca Raton location (beginning Dec 1, 2020) Tue - Fri from 7 AM - until we shut it down depending on the number of people in the lobby. Mornings are the best time to get in and out. Afternoons are getting busy so please come early and have all of the correct paperwork. If it gets late into the afternoon and you don't have all of your documents, or they aren't correct, you will be asked to come back the following day.
Your IRP tags can be renewed up to 3 months prior to your expiration. You can email your packet to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and not have to make the trip! With a prepaid shipping label that you provide, your plates can arrive to you stress free. Email that shipping label to email@example.com.